Letter of Consent – Stay-Together.uk :
Stay-Together.uk is a microsite for Kuehne + Nagel UK colleagues to use. It is available outside of usual Kuehne + Nagel systems, and therefore all visible information, including comments and images, is visible by external audiences. The purpose of the site is to share updates, news, and stories for all our colleagues.
With this Letter of Consent you confirm your consent to the usage of your images and testimonials of you (hereinafter together called “Personal Data”) free of charge and based on the information set out herein.
- What Personal Data do we process about you?
Any data you choose to submit via our email or website comments section. This may include name, site location, email address, testimonial, image.
- How do we use and store your Personal Data?
Your photos, images, videos and testimonials may be used on stay-together.uk, Inside magazine, on our social media including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. They will be accessible by all Kuehne + Nagel employees as well as by Kuehne + Nagel customers and other external audiences.
Kuehne + Nagel may either publish images and testimonials from one individual in one campaign or may decide to combine images and testimonials from different individuals, depending on the targeted message and audience.
Your contact details will not be shared with any third party.
Your Personal Data will be stored electronically on the Kuehne + Nagel internal servers, and is accessible only by the KNUK Communications team. No backs-ups are being made and therefore there are no copies of the data on any other server or file.
A record of those who have signed this Letter of Consent is held on the Qualtrics survey platform, accessible only by the UK Communications team.
Upon termination of the validity term of this Letter of Consent (clause 3 below) your Personal Data will be deleted and/or destroyed.
- Validity term of this Letter of Consent
The Validity of this Consent Letter shall terminate after 10 years from date of your signature, or earlier, e.g. if your Personal Data are no longer needed to achieve the purpose for gathering it, or, in case of your revocation or objection, at the date as set out in clause 4 of Attachment A hereto.
Consent is given via our online form.
ATTACHMENT A to Letter of Consent
(1) Legal basis for the data processing
a. Insofar as we obtain a declaration of consent from you for the processing of your Personal Data, Art. 6 1) lit. a) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies as the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data.
b. Your images and testimonials may become part of paper prints such as catalogues or posters. In such case a cessation of use, separation, deletion or destruction of your images and testimonials may be hardly feasible or could only be carried out with high efforts and costs. In such case the continued usage of your Personal Data in accordance with the Letter of Consent serves to protect a justified interest of KN and if the interests, civil rights and fundamental freedoms of you do not outweigh the interest of KN, Art. 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing. Payment of usage fees is excluded.
(2) Purpose of the data processing
We use your Personal Data for the purpose described in the Letter of Consent. Your Personal Data will not be processed for purposes other than the ones mentioned therein without your express consent.
(3) Duration of the storing
Your Personal Data will be deleted/destroyed at the date set clause 3 of the Consent Letter or earlier, if your Personal Data are no longer needed to achieve the purpose for gathering it, or, if you revoke your consent or object to further processing, as set out in clause 4 below.
(4) Possibility for withdrawal of consent
You have the possibility at all times to withdraw your Consent to the processing of Personal Data or to object to its further processing. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Please address the withdrawal of the Consent or the objection to the processing to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
All Personal Data that has been collected, used and stored in the context with the Letter of Consent will be deleted/destroyed either within 10 business days after your written withdrawal/objection or upon termination of KN’s justified interest as set out in clause (1) b and (5) d. iii. 4, whatever occurs later.
(5) Your rights
If Personal Data of you is processed, you are a data subject in the definition of the GDPR and you have the rights listed below in relation to KN. You can claim your rights at any time at via email@example.com
a. Right to information
You can demand a confirmation from KN of whether Personal Data relating to you is being processed by KN.
If such processing applies, you can demand information from KN regarding the following aspects:
(1) the purposes for which the Personal Data is processed;
(2) the categories of Personal Data that is processed;
(3) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom Personal Data relating to you has been disclosed or will be disclosed in the future;
(4) the planned duration of the storing of the Personal Data relating to you or, if this cannot be specified concretely, the criteria for determining the storage duration;
(5) applicability of a right to correction or deletion of the Personal Data relating to you, a right to restrict the processing by KN or a right to object to this processing;
(6) applicability of a right to complain with a supervisory authority;
(7) all available information on the origin of the data if the Personal Data has not been gathered from the data subject;
(8) applicability of an automated decision-making process including profiling according to Art. 22 (1) and (4) GDPR and – at least in these cases – explanatory information about the involved logic and scope, as well as the intended effects for the data subject from such processing.
b. Right to correction
You have a right to the correction and/or completion in relation to KN, insofar as the processed Personal Data relating to you is incorrect or incomplete. KN has to make the correction without delay.
c. Right to limit the processing
On the following conditions, you can request the limitation of the processing of Personal Data relating to you:
(1) if you deny the correctness of the Personal Data relating to you for a period that enables KN to check the correctness of the Personal Data;
(2) the processing is illegitimate and you reject the deletion of the Personal Data, and instead request the limitation of the use of the Personal Data;
(3) KN no longer needs the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
(4) if you have raised an objection against the processing according to Art. 1 GDPR and if it is not certain yet if the justified interests of KN outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of the Personal Data relating to you has been limited, this data may be processed – other than for storing – only with your consent or only to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or to protect the rights of another natural person or legal entity, or for reasons of a compelling public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
If the limitation of the processing has been applied according to the aforementioned conditions, you will be informed by KN before the limitation is lifted.
d. Right to deletion
i. Obligation for deletion
You can demand from KN that the Personal Data relating to you is to be deleted immediately and KN will be obligated to delete this data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
(1) The Personal Data relating to you is no longer required for the purposes for which it has been gathered or otherwise processed.
(2) You withdraw your consent that served as the basis for the processing according to Art. 6 (1) lit. a) GDPR and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
(3) You raise an objection according to Art. 21 (1) GDPR against the processing and there are no outweighing justified reasons for the processing, or you object to the processing according to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
(4) The Personal Data relating to you is processed illegitimately.
(5) The deletion of the Personal Data relating to you is required to fulfil a legal obligation according to EU law or the laws of the Member States that apply to KN.
ii. Information to third parties
If KN has made the Personal Data relating to you publicly accessible and if it is obligated to delete it according to Art. 17 (1) GDPR, it will take appropriate measures, also of technical nature, in consideration of the available technology and implementation costs, in order to inform the parties, who are responsible for the data processing and who process the Personal Data, of the fact that you, as the data subject, have requested them to delete all links to this Personal Data or copies or replications of this Personal Data.
The right to deletion does not apply if the processing is required
(1) to exercise the right to free speech and information;
(2) to fulfil a legal obligation that applies to the processing pursuant to EU law or the laws of the Member States that apply to KN;
(3) for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, or
(4) if the continued usage of your Personal Data serves to protect a justified interest of KN, and, if and so long as the interests, civil rights and fundamental freedoms of you do not outweigh KN’s respective justified interests, Art. 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR. Payment of usage fees is excluded.
e. Right to information
If you have asserted the right to the correction, deletion or limitation of the processing against KN, it will be obligated to inform all recipients to whom Personal Data relating to you has been disclosed of this correction or deletion of this data or the limitation of the processing, unless this proves to be impossible or if such is tied to disproportionate effort or expense.
You have the right in relation to KN to be informed of these recipients.
f. Right to object
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons that result from your particular situation, to the processing of the Personal Data relating to you that takes place on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. e) or lit. f) GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
KN will cease the processing of the Personal Data relating to you, unless it can prove compelling reasons for the processing that qualify for protection and which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending against legal claims.
g. Right to complain with a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to other administrative or in-court appeal, you have the right to complain with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your domicile, your workplace or the place of the suspected violation if you believe that the processing of Personal Data relating to you violates the GDPR.