We’re looking for graduates who are confident communicators and networkers, and have a strong desire to do a great job for their team and their customers. This scheme will give you the opportunity to explore a diverse arm of the Kuehne + Nagel business, experiencing everything from Operations through to specialism areas such as Pharma or High Tech. With over 5000 customers, a vast portfolio of products and 790 consignments a week across the UK and Europe, you can expect international exposure from our sites here in the UK, but you’ll need to take ownership of your work and have great communication skills to succeed here.
Meet David - 2015 Graduate
Meet Ric - 2016 Graduate
Meet Lee - Programme Lead
Is it for me?
We’re a developing and rapidly growing business, with new products launching onto the market, and new markets emerging before us! Graduates who are looking for a varied role in a business that has lots of moving parts will thrive in this environment. Ultimately, we’re looking for individuals with the potential, desire and ambition to become senior leaders of our business in future years, and who are seeking a scheme where they can be fully immersed in an exciting, multi-dimensional industry. If you’re up for a challenge and want to learn the ropes from some very successful and driven managers who will recognise you for a job well done, you’ll fit in nicely.
What does the programme involve?
The placements will cover four key areas:
- International or Domestic Operations – Nottingham (9 months)
- Sales – Nottingham (3 months)
- Specialised Networks – Birmingham (6 months)
- Central Team – Kegworth (6 months)
Your early placements will support you to quickly understand and get involved in our overland operations work, and the types of products available to our customers and how we implement them. Within your shorter sales placement, you will be supporting a Freight Account Manager and increasing your customer exposure through being the go-to person for certain accounts. You could be in one of three different areas for your Specialised Networks placement, where you’ll experience end-to-end supply chain services, and might even be working with some of our biggest customer brands. Finally, the scheme will be rounded off in the central team, where you’ll be honing your project management skills, supporting business implementations such as Service Level Agreements, and conducting reporting on key business metrics.
Where can the programme take me?
International Road Logistics is keen to grow the senior leaders of the future with its scheme; different career routes depend entirely on you as an individual and what you’re interested in, but graduates from this scheme will typically move into a role where they are managing a small team, and there would usually be an emphasis on people management skills development as well as your analytical or technical skills within your chosen department. The types of roles that graduates usually move into include Service Manager for strategic accounts, Operational Key Account Manager, and Specialist Operator for Aircraft.
What do I need to apply?
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Click here to start your application.
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages:
- Registration and Eligibility Check – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use a video application. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment at an onsite location where you’ll meet our business and HR managers. Everyone at the assessment is involved in the graduate programme in one way or another and can share their experiences of Kuehne and Nagel and the programme with you.
- Offer – All candidates will receive feedback after the assessment centre no matter the outcome and if you’re made an offer then you’ll soon find a contract pack bursting with information in the post to you. It will be a while until you are due to start the programme but there will be lots happening
- The closing date for applications and assessment centre date are published on our vacancy portal so once you click the Apply link you’ll be able to confirm the dates in your diary for your chosen programme.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: Level 5 CILT Diploma in Warehousing & Transport