At the heart of every successful team, there is someone who works with every member and is able to connect the dots to see how each person’s work feeds into each other’s to achieve a common goal – you could be that person. Throughout your Business Administration apprenticeship you will be supported to ensure that you fully understand the complex and fast-paced world of logistics, as well as taught specialist skills and knowledge to enable you to support your team successfully and add value to their overall running and organisation.
As an apprentice you will earn as you learn, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards both a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard and a Level 3 Business Administration Diploma.
Is it for me?
As a Business Administration Apprentice you will support a particular team within Kuehne + Nagel, working with a number of different people and resolving issues and sharing ideas as needed. Your role will vary depending on which part of the business you are in but it will require you to work collaboratively with other members of your team to reach a common goal. Your ideas will be valued and people will look to you to share and implement any suggestions that you have to improve the overall running of the team. So if you are an innovative team player who is looking to develop professionally, this apprenticeship would be a great fit for you! If you’re ambitious, driven and a people-person, this is a great way to launch your career in logistics.
What does the programme involve?
We run three versions of this programme depending on which role you are going into, to ensure that you gain the specialist skills to achieve your career aspirations within your particular role. As well as a programme covering all aspects of Business Administration, we also offer more specific training pathways covering how to perform to the best of your ability within a Transport Administration role or a Stock and Inventory Administration role.
These programmes run for 14 months during which time you will achieve both a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administration and a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration.
Day to day you will be supported by your manager, your colleagues and the K+N apprenticeship team to understand the business and how best to add vale in your role, but you will also learn the skills you will need to be successful through a face to face workshops and 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor. The workshops are designed to be interactive and relevant to the role you are performing. Not only will these workshops teach you new skills, they are also a fantastic opportunity to meet up and form friendships with other apprentices on your course.
Where can the programme take me?
After successfully gaining your qualifications and proving yourself to be an effective member of the team, you will have the opportunity to secure a full time role within your team or department. Your career is in your hands and, with the knowledge you have gained over the course of the apprenticeship, it is up to you to decide which route your career will take within Kuehne + Nagel.
What do I need to apply?
Applicants to the apprenticeship programme must have achieved (or be expected to achieve) five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including English & Maths) or equivalent. All applicants must also have the right to work in the UK. Other than that we are simply looking for applicants who enjoy working within a team and are willing to go the extra mile.
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Search our vacancies to see what roles we have available.
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages
- Application – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Telephone Interview – you will receive a phone call from a member of the team to ask you a bit more about yourself and why you are interested in the role
- Face to face interview or assessment centre – depending how many roles we are recruiting for and how many successful applications there have been at the time, you will either be invited for a face to face interview with the Manager who is hiring for this role or you will be invited to an assessment centre. The assessment centre will still have an interview within it but may also have a few extra elements such as group discussion or an in-tray activity.
- Offer – following your interview or assessment centre, you will be called by a member of the team and provided with feedback - no matter the outcome. If you are made an offer, you will soon receive your contract and plans will start to be made with you for your first day as a Kuehne + Nagel apprentice!
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Competitive starting salary
- Attractive benefits including pension and cashback & discount portal
- Support to achieve professionally recognised qualifications