Are you looking to become the next future sales leader within Kuehne + Nagel? Then look no further! As an Apprentice you will earn as you learn, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards both a Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard and a Level 3 Sales Diploma.
You will work within a successful sales team while learning everything you need to know to be a top sales performer whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne + Nagel. Beyond this, there is an opportunity for successful apprentices to secure a full time position and promotion into a Freight Account Manager role, as well as achieving bonuses and pay rises connected to the apprenticeship programme.
Is it for me?
We’re looking at our Overland Sales apprentices to be Kuehne + Nagel’s future Sales Leaders. This means that we will expect you to work hard and be eager to learn, and the opportunities are endless for those who do. Sales experience at any level is warmly welcomed, but your ability to build relationships and communicate effectively, is far more important than any previous experience you may have. Our programme is designed to teach you all the technical skills and techniques that you need to be successful within a Customer Service or Sales role, and so we are simply looking for someone who wants to grasp this opportunity. If you’re a confident, driven individual looking to train in a fast paced role in a lively environment, you’d be a great fit for this scheme!
What does the programme involve?
This is a 2 year apprenticeship during which time you will achieve both a Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard and also a Level 3 Sales Diploma.
In the first year of your apprenticeship you will focus on getting to grips with delivering excellent customer service to customers both internally and externally to Kuehne + Nagel, and in the second year you will build on this foundation to develop specialist Sales skills - you may even be given your own Customer Service or Sales Account to manage!
You will learn the skills to be successful in these roles through a combination of face to face workshops, 1:1 work with a personal tutor and experience gained from working within your team. There are a total of 12 workshops to attend over the 2 years and these will not only teach you new skills, but also allow you meet up and form friendships with other apprenticeships on your course.
Where can the programme take me?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is the opportunity to secure a full time Sales role within the Overland Sales Team. After gaining your qualifications and learning how to be an effective member of the team, successful apprentices are expected to be ready for promotion into a Freight Account Manager role.
You will have the opportunity to receive pay raises and bonuses during your apprenticeship but, beyond this, Freight Account Managers also have the potential to receive a Company Car and gain access to an attractive performance related bonus scheme.
What do I need to apply?
Applicants to the apprenticeship programme must have achieved (or be expected to achieve) five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including English & Maths) or equivalent. All applicants must also have the right to work in the UK. For this role candidates must either have a full driving licence or pass their test during the two year apprenticeship.
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Search our vacancies to see what roles we have.
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages
- Application – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Telephone Interview – you will receive a phone call from a member of the team to ask you a bit more about yourself and why you are interested in the role
- Face to face interview or assessment centre – depending how many roles we are recruiting for and how many successful applications there have been at the time, you will either be invited for a face to face interview with the Manager who is hiring for this role, or you will be invited to an assessment centre. The assessment centre will still have an interview within it but may also have a few extra elements such as group discussion or in-tray activity.
- Offer – following your interview or assessment centre, you will be called by a member of the team and provided with feedback - no matter the outcome. If you are made an offer, you will soon receive your contract and plans will start to be made with you for your first day as a Kuehne + Nagel apprentice.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Competitive starting salary, with bonuses and pay rises contained within the programme
- Attractive benefits including pension and cashback & discount portal)
- Support to achieve professionally recognised qualifications