This scheme will involve huge amounts of customer interaction, both face to face and on the phone, to deliver airfreight logistics services for clients across the world. Your projects could include managing one-off shipments, or even supporting well-established blue-chip clients whereby rates and services are handled on long term contracts.
We're looking for customer-focused and entrepreneurial individuals who are confident, have excellent time management and broad communication skills.
Is it for me?
If you’re the type of person who is confident in front of a customer, happy to speak over the phone and face to face, then you will enjoy this environment. In addition to your customer focus, this is a commercial environment so graduates with an entrepreneurial side tend to enjoy working in this area of K+N. This is a small, vibrant team with close relationships, so if you want to be accountable to a team and can contribute accuracy in your work, excellent time management and broad communication skills, we’d love an application from you.
What does the programme involve?
The placements will cover three key areas:
- Branch Exports and Sales – Heathrow (8 months)
- Branch Imports and Finance – Manchester (8 months)
- Specialism area – Heathrow or Birmingham (8 months)
Within Imports, you’ll be reaching out to one of 600 locations globally and starting to make arrangements for consignment transportation. This might include customer service, quoting, and organising transfers between freight service and warehouses. Exports will have a greater commercial focus and this is where your entrepreneurial flair will come in handy, as your role will involve making commercial decisions on behalf of our clients whilst maintaining a viable profit. A core difference here will be directly dealing with airlines and other providers. Finally, you’ll undertake a specialism for your final 8 months on the scheme - you could be managing the movement of anything from time-dependent fresh fish (Perishables) to temperature-sensitive vaccines (Pharma) to high-value aircraft engines (AOG) depending on where you specialise.
Where can the programme take me?
As you might expect, graduate progression routes are a rich mixture from this scheme, with graduates moving into their first technical or professional roles. Some individuals have gone onto be Key Account Managers both in the UK and also globally, others have moved into Sales and heavily commercial roles, whereas others have continued in their specialism at a more senior level.
What do I need to apply?
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Search our vacancies to apply now.
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages:
- Registration and Eligibility Check – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use video application. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
- Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment at an onsite location where you’ll meet our business and HR managers. Everyone at the assessment is involved in the graduate programme in one way or another and can share their experiences of Kuehne + Nagel and the programme with you
- Offer – All candidates will receive feedback after the assessment centre no matter the outcome and if you’re made an offer then you’ll soon find a contract pack bursting with information in the post to you. It will be a while until you are due to start the programme but there will be lots happening
- The closing date for applications and assessment centre date are published on our vacancy portal so once you click the Apply link you’ll be able to confirm the dates in your diary for your chosen programme.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: CILT Level 5 Diploma in Warehousing & Transport