We are looking for four graduates to join Kuehne + Nagel on our Contract Logistics graduate programme in September 2020.
Our Contract Logistics graduate programme will see you become completely immersed in our warehouse and transport operations, learning what it takes to deliver a successful service for our customers. You will be managing the people and the operation that takes well-known products (and those not so well-known) from suppliers to supermarket shelves. We are looking for natural leaders with the ability to grasp complex operations quickly, spot opportunities for improvement, and deliver a great customer service.
Is it for me?
If you are an individual who is hands-on and ready to ‘get stuck in’ with the operations of the business, you will flourish on this programme. You need to be willing to start from the ground and work your way up, gaining as much experience as you can along the way, and be able to bring energy and enthusiasm to established and complex environments. People management is a large part of this programme, so we want individuals with the ambition and skills to lead people and deal with challenging people situations. Our contract logistics division is a fast-paced, 24/7 operation, so you need to be able to work flexibly (days/hours/shift patterns). We want to provide you with the best possible experience, so you also need to be prepared to relocate to different locations within the UK as required.
What does the programme involve?
This is a two-year graduate programme comprising of rotational business placements, covering four key areas as follows:
• Warehouse Operations – Various locations across the UK (9 months)
• Transport Operations – Various locations across the UK (3 months)
• Warehouse Management – Various locations across the UK (6 months)
• Enhanced Warehouse or Transport Management – Various locations across the UK (6 months)
You will undertake your first two placements (12 months) in the same location. Placement locations will differ for graduates, however locations typically include Manchester, East & West Midlands, Wellingborough, and Milton Keynes.
In your first year you will be learning from the ground up, beginning with understanding all of the key roles within a warehouse and how they contribute to the success of a customer contract. Your responsibility will grow progressively, and within 9 months you will be leading a small team. Towards the end of your first year your focus will shift from the warehouse to the transport operation, again giving you an understanding of what it takes to deliver a successful transport function for our customers.
Your second year will see you progress into Warehouse Management. You will move onto a different customer contract, to give you exposure to a different environment and way of working, requiring you to build new relationships and expand your network. You will start to learn all the elements of the role of a Shift Manager, including finance, customer liaison and complex people management. Your final placement will be a consolidation of everything you have learned in the past 18 months, and will see you operating independently as a Shift Manager, again on a different customer contract.
Where can the programme take me?
Your first role post-programme will be as a Shift Manager within one of our customer contracts, but your career does not stop there. We expect our graduates to continue to progress quickly up the management career path and our previous graduates are now excelling in roles such as Warehouse and Operations Manager.
What do I need to apply?
• A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSEs Grade A-C including Maths & English
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• You must be able to relocate for business placements as stated
• A full UK driving license (or will have one by September 2020)
• Access to your own transport
How do I apply?
Click here to apply for this programme. What are you waiting for?
There are just three key stages to our recruitment process:
• Registration and Eligibility Check – when you click to apply we will immediately get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme. Make sure you do this before the closing date of 27th October 2019!
• Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use video applications. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
• Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment centre held in Birmingham. You will meet our business and HR managers and get to know more about Kuehne + Nagel and the graduate programme. The Contract Logistics assessment centre will be held on 26 November 2019 – make a note of this date in your diary!
Following the assessment centre all candidates will receive feedback, no matter the outcome. If you are made an offer, you will receive a Welcome Pack in the post bursting with information about the programme and your Contract of Employment.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
• You will enjoy a competitive starting salary of £27,000 per annum, plus a £1000 welcome bonus when you start
• We have a fantastic range of benefits including pension, healthcare cover, and a cashback & discount portal
• Further technical development linked to your chosen programme