If you are curious and have fantastic listening skills, you’ve got a great foundation for delivering excellent services for our customers. Graduates can expect to join meetings or projects in an observing and absorbing capacity at first, then move on to sharing their views, approach and debriefing, and finally leading meetings, processes or projects, delivering internal presentations and facilitating conversations with your team.
You’ll need to be open to visiting other offices and travelling to client sites; that’s all part of the professional relationship skills we’re looking for. You’ll be working on a range of different projects in the mid- to large-scale, which will give you a fantastic introduction to the Kuehne + Nagel business and managing key accounts.
Is it for me?
Kuehne + Nagel want to move from customer satisfaction to customer delight, so it’s critical that our Customer Solutions graduates are excited by working directly with customers and delivering the best services possible. If you’re looking to develop your skills and build industry knowledge early in your career, you will definitely enjoy this role.
Graduates who have thrived in this department have typically been confident networkers, and are proactive and accountable within their teams. Essentially, if your approach is to champion customers and be flexible and responsive to their changing needs, we should be a good fit for you.
What does the programme involve?
The placements will cover three key areas:
- Customer Solutions – Stockley Park (12 months)
- Bid team: Supply Chain Design – Stockley Park (6 months)
- Bid team: Commercial Bid Management – Stockley Park (6 months)
Your first port of call is 12 months in our Customer Solutions Team, where you’ll be designing and implementing commercially viable logistics solutions for new and existing customers. In this first placement you can expect to kick start your skills development in customer support and engagement, whilst also starting to cultivate management skills through handling your own accounts. This is followed by two six-months placements, one in supply chain design and the other in commercial bid management, where you would be teamed with a commercial bid manager and given greater responsibilities following your acclimatisation period. You’ll be based in the same location as the company directors, so there’s a high level of exposure for high-performing individuals.
Where can the programme take me?
It’s up to you to manage the compass of your own career - we want you to have the room to develop your natural strengths and shape the direction of your career journey at Kuehne + Nagel. Graduates on the Customer Solutions scheme have typically progressed their careers to more senior positions within the functions they have experienced on the scheme, such as Customer Solutions, Customer Excellence or the Bid Team.
What do I need to apply?
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Search our vacancies to apply now.
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages:
- Registration and Eligibility Check – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use a video application. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
- Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment at an onsite location where you’ll meet our business and HR managers. Everyone at the assessment is involved in the graduate programme in one way or another and can share their experiences of Kuehne + Nagel and the programme with you
- Offer – All candidates will receive feedback after the assessment centre no matter the outcome and if you’re made an offer then you’ll soon find a contract pack bursting with information in the post to you. It will be a while until you are due to start the programme but there will be lots happening
The closing date for applications and assessment centre date are published on our vacancy portal so once you click the Apply link you’ll be able to confirm the dates in your diary for your chosen programme.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme