We are looking for one graduate to join Kuehne + Nagel on our Enterprise Risk Management graduate programme in September 2020.
Our Enterprise Risk Management programme will see you become part of a business critical function within KN. You will be liaising directly with senior managers to ensure risks are managed in accordance with the company processes and parameters, enabling KN to meet its business objectives in a compliant manner, and enhance profitability through effective risk mitigation and controls.
This is a business focused programme which covers all areas of our business, so we are looking for individuals who can understand complex and technical information and apply it to the business context in a results oriented fashion.
Is it for me?
This programme will require you to really get to grips with our operations and processes involved, so you will work with managers in all areas of our business and functional units, to understand what they do and the risks involved. You will be dealing with an array of international standards, regulations and legislation and applying them within our business context, so you will need great communication skills in order to translate this technical information to a range of scenarios and a variety of stakeholders. You also need to be confident and personable, and able to influence at senior levels. If you are resilient, are able to find solutions in challenging situations, and have a great commercial awareness, this programme could be for you.
What does the programme involve?
This is a two-year graduate programme comprising of rotational business placements, covering four key areas as follows:
• Enterprise Risk Management & Insurance – Uxbridge (10 months)
• Security Risk Management – Thatcham (6 months)
• Business Continuity Management – Uxbridge (4 months)
• Road Risks Management – Uxbridge (4 months)
Your first placement will provide you with an understanding of the principles of Enterprise Risk Management, particularly in a logistics environment. You will gain an understanding of how KN is structured and operates, and the different risks associated with our business. Towards the end of the placement you will put your newly acquired knowledge to practical use, and work alongside the team in monitoring, evaluating and reporting risks.
After 10 months you will move into Security Risk Management where you will experience the security risk management techniques, programmes and methods being utilised within the organisation. You will have the opportunity to be part of the hands-on development of these techniques within the organisation.
Within your third placement you will build on the knowledge and skills gained in your previous placements and focus on the principles and practice of business continuity management (BCM). You will join the existing team and support with monitoring, auditing and delivering training to others around the business, working alongside the Head of Risk, you will also learn and experience the application of crisis management principles within KN UK.
Your final 4 months will be focused on Road Risk Management, where you will gain an understanding of the associated risks of operating a commercial vehicles fleet and the related regulatory compliance requirements.
Where can the programme take me?
Enterprise Risk Management is a fundamental element of KN‘s business practice on all levels, and in joining this programme you will become a key part of this business critical team. After the programme, it is intended that you will move into a UK ERM Business Partner role, becoming the subject matter expert in this area and working with the different facets of our organisation to manage the associated risks.
What do I need to apply?
• A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSEs Grade A-C including Maths & English
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• You must be able to relocate for business placements as stated
• A full UK driving license (or will have one by September 2020)
• Access to your own transport
How do I apply?
Click here to apply for this programme. What are you waiting for?
There are just three key stages to our recruitment process:
• Registration and Eligibility Check – when you click to apply we will immediately get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme. Make sure you do this before the closing date of 27th October 2019!
• Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use video applications. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
• Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment centre held in Birmingham. You will meet our business and HR managers and get to know more about Kuehne + Nagel and the graduate programme. The Enterprise Risk Management assessment centre will be held on 10th December 2019 – make a note of this date in your diary!
Following the assessment centre all candidates will receive feedback, no matter the outcome. If you are made an offer, you will receive a Welcome Pack in the post bursting with information about the programme and your Contract of Employment.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
• You will enjoy a competitive starting salary of £27,000 per annum, plus a £1000 welcome bonus when you start
• We have a fantastic range of benefits including pension, healthcare cover, and a cashback & discount portal
• Further technical development linked to your chosen programme