Think of this scheme as Finance 101. You will rotate through four placements, mixing experiences in central finance as well as branches of the business. Central finance will give you a holistic overview of the business and your placements ‘in branch’ mean you can experience operations first hand and work directly with our business managers to see how the numbers relate to the reality of what’s happening ‘on the ground’.
We’re looking for graduates who have a drive to learn, boldness to challenge and a flair for building relationships. You’ll need to feel comfortable giving order to numbers and data, but we’re not necessarily looking for a hardcore mathematician or data buff; this is a fantastic opportunity to explore finance in a range of commercial and operational contexts.
Is it for me?
We’re growing the financial professionals of the future; in the modern world of rapidly developing technology and automation, our finance roles are about being a ‘business partner,’ which means we’re looking for graduates who can demonstrate empathy and emotional intelligence. Technical competency in accounting and finance is warmly welcomed, but your ability to build relationships is actually far more important than being able to digest 2,000 data points at a glance! If you’re looking to develop business knowledge, work with teams in various locations, and join the dots between data and reality then Kuehne + Nagel's Finance stream will be a great fit.
What does the programme involve?
The placements will cover four key areas:
- Central Finance – Milton Keynes (6 months)
- Contract Logistics Branch Finance – Various sites (6 months)
- International Freight Forwarding Branch Finance – Birmingham or Donington (6 months)
- Overland Branch Finance – Castle Donington (6 months)
You’ll undertake a mixture of roles, including administration and co-ordination tasks, so you can truly see the nuts and bolts of how we work. Placements ‘in branch’ mean you can experience operations first hand – you can expect to be sitting down with branch managers and discussing the realities of what’s happening ‘on the ground’, and how it fits with the data and numeric information available.
Where can the programme take me?
After the programme, graduates can expect a developed professional identity and started working towards a specialism, leading to roles such as Business Analyst or Management Accountant. We’ll be looking to our Finance graduates to help Kuehne + Nagel change with the exciting developments in the sector; a broad range of roles will be available as your career progresses, and we hope that our Finance graduates will be instrumental in change management in the coming years.
What do I need to apply?
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Search our vacancies to apply now.
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages:
- Registration and Eligibility Check – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use a video application. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
- Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment at an onsite location where you’ll meet our business and HR managers. Everyone at the assessment is involved in the graduate programme in one way or another and can share their experiences of Kuehne + Nagel and the programme with you
- Offer – All candidates will receive feedback after the assessment centre no matter the outcome and if you’re made an offer then you’ll soon find a contract pack bursting with information in the post to you. It will be a while until you are due to start the programme but there will be lots happening
Closing date for applications is 26/10/2018
Assessment centre will be held 20/11/2018 – this will be the only assessment date for Finance so please keep the date free in your diary
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: CIMA or ACCA Level 7