We are looking for one graduate to join Kuehne + Nagel on our Finance graduate programme in September 2020.
This not your typical finance graduate programme; we’re looking for individuals who are eager to explore finance in a range of commercial and operational contexts, working with our operations to drive business success. The Finance graduate programme will show you how the finance function contributes to the commercial success of a business. You will undertake a mixture of roles, including head office, branch and warehouse finance, giving you a holistic overview of the business and how it fits together.
Is it for me?
In in the modern world of rapidly developing technology and automation, our finance roles are about being a business partner. This means that whilst technical competency in accounting and finance is warmly welcomed, your ability to build relationships and understand the commercial environment is actually far more important. We need people who can look beyond the data and apply it to our environment. If you’re looking to develop business knowledge, work with dynamic teams, and join the dots between data and reality then KN’s Finance graduate programme will be a great fit.
What does the programme involve?
This is a two-year graduate programme comprising of rotational business placements, covering three key areas as follows:
• Central Finance – Milton Keynes (6 months)
• Contract Logistics Branch Finance – Various locations across the UK (6 months)
• Branch Finance IFF – Various locations across the UK (6 months)
• Branch Finance Overland – Various locations across the UK (6 months)
Think of your first placement as Finance 101! During early placements we will expect you to start demonstrating competence in basic accountancy and finance techniques. You might get involved in anything from procurement to insurance to credit control, learning how the central team feeds into other parts of the business.
Your next three placements will be ‘in branch.’ During these placements you will be supporting the finance departments within a specific operation. You will gain an understanding of the different processes and controls within each operation, develop skills in stakeholder management and relationship building, understand how income is generated, the cost-drivers, and cost-savers. You will work closely with the operation to ensure the finance department is contributing to the business success.
Where can the programme take me?
KN Finance is going through a transformation to become true partners to our operational business, and we will be looking to our Finance graduates to help lead KN through the exciting developments over the next few years. Immediately after the programme, graduates can expect to start working in roles such as Business Analyst or Management Accountant, either in a Head Office function or supporting one of our operations..
What do I need to apply?
• A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSEs Grade A-C including Maths & English
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• You must be able to relocate for business placements as stated
• A full UK driving license (or will have one by September 2020)
• Access to your own transport
How do I apply?
Click here to apply to this programme. What are you waiting for?
There are just three key stages to our recruitment process:
• Registration and Eligibility Check – when you click to apply we will immediately get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme. Make sure you do this before the closing date of 27th October 2019!
• Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use video applications. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
• Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment centre held in Birmingham. You will meet our business and HR managers and get to know more about Kuehne + Nagel and the graduate programme. The Finance assessment centre will be held on 5 December 2019 – make a note of this date in your diary!
Following the assessment centre all candidates will receive feedback, no matter the outcome. If you are made an offer, you will receive a Welcome Pack in the post bursting with information about the programme and your Contract of Employment.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
• You will enjoy a competitive starting salary of £27,000 per annum, plus a £1000 welcome bonus when you start
• We have a fantastic range of benefits including pension, healthcare cover, and a cashback & discount portal
• Further technical development linked to your chosen programme