Our programme is designed specifically for a highly ambitious graduate who wants to fast track their career as a HR business partner. The first year starts with getting to grips with the fundamentals of business partnering, but it’s not about sitting back and going with the flow of things - if you want to achieve the significant career progression that this scheme offers, you need to be committed to driving your development forward and getting stuck in. You should expect to work across different shift patterns to support your business area, including travel and exposure to a range of clients, teams, departments and services in a short space of time.
Is it for me?
On the HR scheme, the quicker you learn and perform, the faster you will progress. Once you’ve acclimatised and had a range of experiences in Operations, we’ll help to define your role over the second year to ensure you’re being stretched. The type of individual who will succeed here needs to have strength of character, an aptitude not just for learning but for quick understanding and utilisation of that new knowledge, and a desire to be a future leader. As you might expect, this is not an easy role! But hard work will absolutely be rewarded, and you’ll be working alongside and training with Kuehne + Nagel’s top HR professionals.
What does the programme involve?
The placements will cover three key areas:
- HR Operations – Milton Keynes (12 months)
- Reward and Delivery – Stockley Park (6 months)
- HR Business Partnering – Location TBC (6 months)
You can expect to get exposure to all areas of the employee lifecycle. In your initial Operations role you can expect to get involved in all facets of the HR function, and experience specialised areas such as Talent Management and Operational Training. Joining the Stockley Park team for six months, your focus will move to policy and return-on-investment, so you can expect to be fine tuning your attention to detail and analytical skills, whilst keeping your eye on the ‘big picture’ of HR at Kuehne + Nagel through strategy setting for the upcoming year.
For your final placement you’ll be in a HR Business Partnering role. This will be a stretching and challenging role but you’ll be mentored by a strong HRBP and the experiences you’ve had on the programme so far along with your business network will mean you’re in the best position to succeed.
Where can the programme take me?
After the scheme, our HR graduate can expect to have a robust understanding of both generalist and specialist HR functions, and to be accountable to a small function for the full delivery of HR responsibilities. It’s an intense programme but you’ll be supported along the journey and we have a six-month development plan in place after the scheme ends to make sure we support you in any skills gaps you may have as you transition into your first role post programme.
What do I need to apply?
- A 2:1 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Search our vacancies to apply now.
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages:
- Registration and Eligibility Check – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use a video application. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
- Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment at an onsite location where you’ll meet our business and HR managers. Everyone at the assessment is involved in the graduate programme in one way or another and can share their experiences of Kuehne + Nagel and the programme with you
- Offer – All candidates will receive feedback after the assessment centre no matter the outcome and if you’re made an offer then you’ll soon find a contract pack bursting with information in the post to you. It will be a while until you are due to start the programme but there will be lots happening
The closing date for applications and assessment centre date are published on our vacancy portal so once you click the Apply link you’ll be able to confirm the dates in your diary for your chosen programme.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: Level 5 CIPD