Integrated Logistics is a needs-based service for customers. This means customers outsource decision making and supply chain management to us (you!) rather than giving a supply chain ‘shopping list’ to deliver on their behalf.
Your role will be one of pure logistics and problem solving, where you devise a plan of action for the client to ensure their product or equipment travels in the best and most cost-effective way. Integrated Logistics crosses lots of Kuehne + Nagel’s business areas, so it’s complex to get to grips with but means that every day is different. The scheme is designed so you can understand how we work ‘end to end’ with customers, giving you the knowledge to make informed decisions in the future.
Is it for me?
Someone with a huge ability to empathise with a customer’s complexity and constraints, who wants a role where they can use their listening and questioning skills, will really thrive in this department. A strong moral compass is also a must; you’ll need to create and articulate solutions that acknowledge commercially sensitive information that is not to be shared outside of Integrated Logistics. You’ll be quick to pick up new skills but not afraid to ask questions; it is your curious nature, honed through our department’s supportive environment, that will help us to provide better services to our customers and help you to lay the foundations of your career at Kuehne + Nagel.
What does the programme involve?
For your business rotations, you’ll get to grips with three key areas:
- Logistics Control Centre Operations –Birmingham or Donnington (8 months)
- Solutions Development and Implementation – Birmingham (8 months)
- Business Management – Birmingham or Donnington (8 months)
Activities within your role might include designing logistics solutions, to outsourcing parts of a supply chain and achieving the best price for both the customer and Kuehne + Nagel, or even giving strategic oversight to a supply chain, advising on how best to manage goods journeys for different clients. Needless to say, this role needs someone with the intellect to handle complex problems.
Where can the programme take me?
Our Integrated Logistics team has grown from 22 to 100 people in six years, so there is plenty of room for progression based on your interests. Typical routes include becoming a Project Manager, Solutions Development Manager or an Operational Team Leader. Solutions Development is a commercial role that focuses on designing, pricing and presenting enhanced supply chain solutions to our customers whilst in project management it is all about keeping the implementation of processes on track, closely managing timelines and budgets to ensure we deliver to our customers as promised. Or if your passion is people management then our operational team is the place to be.
What do I need to apply?
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Search our vacancies to apply now.
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages:
- Registration and Eligibility Check – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use a video application. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment at an onsite location where you’ll meet our business and HR managers. Everyone at the assessment is involved in the graduate programme in one way or another and can share their experiences of Kuehne + Nagel and the programme with you.
- Offer – All candidates will receive feedback after the assessment centre no matter the outcome and if you’re made an offer then you’ll soon find a contract pack bursting with information in the post to you. It will be a while until you are due to start the programme but there will be lots happening
- The closing date for applications and assessment centre date are published on our vacancy portal so once you click the Apply link you’ll be able to confirm the dates in your diary for your chosen programme.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: Level 5 CILT Diploma in Warehousing & Transport