We have a vacancy for one graduate to join our IT Infrastructure Graduate Programme in September 2020.
This graduate programme will provide you with a full overview of IT Infrastructure within KN and the critical role that it plays. Within this programme you will develop the key skills needed to design, support and implement technical infrastructure, to enable business success. We are looking for individuals that as well as being able to demonstrate technical knowledge, have great interpersonal skills, an aptitude for problem solving and a passion for delivering a great customer service.
Is it for me?
Whilst having an IT-related degree would be an advantage for this programme, it’s not essential. As long as you can demonstrate a keen interest and a moderate technical knowledge of IT infrastructure, then this programme could be for you. It’s a technical role, but also one that is hands-on, practical, and very ‘visible’ in the wider business. We will give you most of the knowledge you need for this role, but what you will need to bring with you is confidence, a great attitude and personality, a willingness to learn, and a desire deliver an excellent customer service.
What does the programme involve?
This is a two-year graduate programme comprising of rotational business placements, covering three key areas as follows:
• IT Department – Milton Keynes (4 months)
• Technical Operations – Milton Keynes (6 months)
• Technical Support – Birmingham- field based (6 months)
• Technical Projects –Milton Keynes – field based (8 months)
In your first placement you will be ‘finding your feet’ at KN, getting an overview of the range of IT functions and how they support the business. You will spend two months on the IT service desk, dealing with IT queries from colleagues all over the UK, to enable you to quickly learn the different infrastructure and systems within KN.
You will then join the Technical Operations team, where you will be working with all servers and applications in the UK. You will be responsible for monitoring, supporting and troubleshooting the various systems to ensure maximum efficiencies, shadowing team members at first, until you are ready to go it alone.
Your third placement will be within our Technical Support team: a team of Field Engineers who work across the UK, providing desktop support for colleagues and dealing with infrastructure issues that cannot be resolved remotely. You will work alongside our Technical Engineer in Birmingham, providing onsite support at our brand new site in Aston and the wider Birmingham region. Here you will truly become ‘the face of IT’ and understand the different elements of IT infrastructure that enable a site to operate successfully.
For your final 8 months you will be working on infrastructure projects; this could be anything from a new site opening to upgrading a site’s bandwidth. There will be plenty of customer interaction, stakeholder management and a lot of spinning plates, so good communication skills and time management are key. You will support all levels of colleagues from operations to our National management team, so you will need to build confidence and credibility quickly. This will be a challenging placement, and you may be working irregular hours and staying away from home, but you will gain ultimate satisfaction in running a project of your own, seeing it from start to finish.
Where can the programme take me?
This programme will give you a solid foundation within the IT department and will enable you to move into a number of technical roles after the programme. Typical roles might be IT Service Desk Analyst, IT Operations Technical Specialist, Technical Support Engineer, or a Technical Projects Manager. We’re keen to accommodate your interests in your future roles following the graduate programme and pair that with business need.
What do I need to apply?
• A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSEs Grade A-C including Maths & English
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• You must be able to relocate for business placements as stated
• A full UK driving license (or will have one by September 2020)
• Access to your own transport
How do I apply?
Click here to apply for this programme. What are you waiting for?
There are just three key stages to our recruitment process:
• Registration and Eligibility Check – when you click to apply we will immediately get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme. Make sure you do this before the closing date of 27th October 2019!
• Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use video applications. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
• Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment centre held in Birmingham. You will meet our business and HR managers and get to know more about Kuehne + Nagel and the graduate programme. The IT Infrastructure assessment centre will be held on 12 December 2019 – make a note of this date in your diary!
Following the assessment centre all candidates will receive feedback, no matter the outcome. If you are made an offer, you will receive a Welcome Pack in the post bursting with information about the programme and your Contract of Employment.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
• You will enjoy a competitive starting salary of £27,000 per annum, plus a £1000 welcome bonus when you start
• We have a fantastic range of benefits including pension, healthcare cover, and a cashback & discount portal
• Further technical development linked to your chosen programme