We are looking for two graduates to join Kuehne + Nagel on our International Road Logistics graduate programme in September 2020.
Our International Road Logistics graduate programme will give you the opportunity to explore a diverse division within KN, with over 5000 customers, a vast portfolio of products and 790 consignments a week across the UK and Europe. This is a complex and fast-paced business so we are looking for individuals who can think on their feet, take initiative and find solutions that deliver the best customer service.
Is it for me?
This is a complex and fast-paced environment, so individuals who enjoy challenge and problem-solving would thrive in this environment. You need to be able to work well with others, be confident to deal with customers and other third parties, but also have an eye for detail and organisation skills.
What does the programme involve?
This is a two-year graduate programme comprising of rotational business placements, covering four key areas as follows:
• International / Domestic Operations – Derby (9 months)
• Sales – Nottingham (3 months)
• Specialised Networks – Birmingham (6 months)
• Central Team – Derby (6 months)
Your first placement is designed to give you a broad understanding of the fundamentals of how International Road Logistics operates. You will gain knowledge of the service offerings and operational departments, and get your first taste of people management where you will be asked to manage a small team of your own. Within your shorter Sales placement, you will gain a full understanding of how business is generated for the division and an insight into our FAM (Freight Account Manager) role. You will be making cold calls, processing orders, and managing established accounts.
For your Specialised Networks placement you will experience end-to-end supply chain services and work with some of our biggest customer brands, building on the skills you have developed to date and applying these to a specialist product such as pharmaceuticals or high value goods. Finally, the programme will be rounded off in the Central Team. During this placement you will gain exposure to the governance of overland operations and get involved in projects such as supporting business implementations.
Where can the programme take me?
Different career routes depend entirely on you as an individual and where your interests lie. Graduates from this programme will typically move into a role where they are managing a small team, further developing your people management skills as well as your analytical or technical skills. The types of roles that graduates usually move into include Service Engineers, Key Account Managers, and Specialist Operators.
What do I need to apply?
• A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSEs Grade A-C including Maths & English
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• You must be able to relocate for business placements as stated
• A full UK driving license (or will have one by September 2020)
• Access to your own transport
How do I apply?
Click here to apply for this programme. What are you waiting for?
There are just three key stages to our recruitment process:
• Registration and Eligibility Check – when you click to apply we will immediately get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme. Make sure you do this before the closing date of 27th October 2019!
• Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use video applications. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
• Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment centre held in Birmingham. You will meet our business and HR managers and get to know more about Kuehne + Nagel and the graduate programme. The International Road Logistics assessment centre will be held on 3 December 2019 – make a note of this date in your diary!
Following the assessment centre all candidates will receive feedback, no matter the outcome. If you are made an offer, you will receive a Welcome Pack in the post bursting with information about the programme and your Contract of Employment.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
• You will enjoy a competitive starting salary of £27,000 per annum, plus a £1000 welcome bonus when you start
• We have a fantastic range of benefits including pension, healthcare cover, and a cashback & discount portal
• Further technical development linked to your chosen programme