The department and technical expertise is well-established, but September 2019 will be our first formal intake of graduates. You’ll need the intellect to learn about the technical stuff, but your skill set will be in networking and communication, and joining up commercial acumen with impeccable customer service.
Think of yourself as the person who joins up all the different sub-departments of Quality Assurance by building great relationships with all of them; you’ll be able to consider the ‘big picture’ of the business, and use this insight to deliver great project management services for our customers. We boast an academy for you to develop your product and technical skills, and you’ll have a mentoring relationship to support you in your learning.
Is it for me?
This department is highly technical with subject-matter experts that you can learn from, but we’re looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills and a commercial outlook rather than specific technical competency. Whilst the Quality Assurance scheme works in Pharma and Healthcare, you don’t need to come from this or even a STEM background in terms of your degree.
In short, the right person for this role will need the intellectual capacity to make sense of technical information, but your primary ability is in your emotional intelligence and the ability to use these inherent interpersonal skills in a commercial environment.
What does the programme involve?
The placements will cover four key areas:
- Pharma Operations in Airfreight – London Heathrow (8 months)
- Pharma Quality with Risk Management – Stockley Park (8 months)
- Pharma in Integrated Logistics – Birmingham (4 months)
- Pharma in Contract Logistics – Midlands location (4 months)
The first phase of the scheme will involve project management, and later managing a team, particularly in the on-boarding of new customers to our services. You can expect to spend time working with stakeholders as well as coordinating customer-facing tasks, and having open and honest dialogues with everyone involved, that means customers as well as colleagues.
Expect to be spending time in the field executing audits, or collaborating on generate ideas to solve problems, taking into account the impact of your proposed solutions and being able to see the bigger picture – a key skill for any aspiring Quality Assurance project manager!
Where can the programme take me?
This role really isn’t for people who want to be a subject matter expert; the training and experience you’ll receive on this stream fits with future roles in Operations, where you’ll need the intellect and industry knowledge to ‘dip in’ to the technical aspects of Pharma and Healthcare, but your skills will be mostly honed in creating processes and supporting customer operations, and particularly leading others to work effectively for the benefit of the client. Think of yourself as an internal consultant, with your skills from the graduate scheme and subsequent roles giving you the potential to be an important member of the senior management team in five to eight years.
What do I need to apply?
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Right to work in the UK
- You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
How do I apply?
So what are you waiting for? Search our vacancies to apply now
Our recruitment process has 4 key stages:
- Registration and Eligibility Check – this is so we can get you registered on our system and make sure you meet the minimum criteria for the programme
- Video Application – we value the real you and not just what a piece of paper says. That’s why we use a video application. You get the chance to show us your drive and passion for the programme and why you are the best candidate for the job
- Assessment Centre – this will be a one day assessment at an onsite location where you’ll meet our business and HR managers. Everyone at the assessment is involved in the graduate programme in one way or another and can share their experiences of Kuehne + Nagel and the programme with you
- Offer – All candidates will receive feedback after the assessment centre no matter the outcome and if you’re made an offer then you’ll soon find a contract pack bursting with information in the post to you. It will be a while until you are due to start the programme but there will be lots happening
The closing date for applications and assessment centre date are published on our vacancy portal so once you click the Apply link you’ll be able to confirm the dates in your diary for your chosen programme.
Why choose Kuehne + Nagel?
- Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
- Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme