Making sure your innovations take off
Passenger comfort means passenger loyalty, so high quality cabin interiors are more important than ever. With a greater focus on fitting quality, and more frequent refurbishment, the aerospace industry needs to feel comfortable too – with reliable, specialist aircraft interior logistics.
Introducing KN InteriorChain from Kuehne + Nagel, a dedicated aircraft interiors supply chain service for production and retrofits, provided by experienced, certified staff.
The industry needs to keep passengers happy, with comfortable flights and a service they can rely on. Unscheduled ground time for aircraft costs more than immediate passenger revenue. Recovering from damage to your reputation can be a long haul.
With KN InteriorChain, we focus on keeping downtime to a minimum by offering the highest supply chain performance standards, and services specially tailored to support aircraft interior fitting and refurbishment.
Whether original production or retrofitting, our aerospace logistics specialists, working with globally harmonised processes and a dedicated material management system , ensure that your shipset is where you need it to be – alongside the aircraft – on time and in perfect condition.
KN InteriorChain is an end-to-end modular solution designed to cover all logistics requirements through the entire lifecycle of materials used in aircraft interiors. The flow may start from raw material and finish with the final removal and disposal of the item at the end of its useful life
KN InteriorChain frees our aerospace customers from logistics anxiety, letting them concentrate on ensuring high standards of interior installation and refurbishment, while Kuehne + Nagel focuses on delivering parts on schedule, whether at production line or MRO hangar.
- 24/7 support worldwide through our dedicated AOG desk network run by experienced, well connected staff who understand what it means to have an aircraft sitting on the tarmac, waiting for parts.
- Global warehouse network certified to EN/AS 9100 standard.
- Flexible storage space, available 24/7, manned by skilled aerospace staff with full access to our material management system, and to all work instructions..
- Certified 360° logistics service covering all ATA Chapters and the flow of materials through the complete product lifecycle.
- Value-added services beyond standard logistics, meaning a unique one-stop-shop solution for our customers.
- Transparent pricing to reduce complexity and offer more certainty to our customers.
The sector embraces many different business types, including OEMs, vendors, leasing companies, airlines and MROs. Needs may overlap, but are not identical. So for maximum flexibility and speed of response for your individual business needs, KN InteriorChain can be customised to provide a unique set of distinct services.
- Disposal services
- Access to FAA/ EASA Part 145 services
- Other add-on options, for instance Control Tower services, EDI integration, customs & trade compliance consulting, Known Consignor, Importer / Exporter of Record, free trade zone storage, packaging design, source inspection and product familiarisation area training, live asset tracking and environmental performance measurement (KN Green Chain)
With our logistics expertise and deep understanding of the aircraft interior industry, be reassured that Kuehne + Nagel will support your business at every step. With KN InteriorChain, you have the time to focus on your core priority -- the comfort and loyalty of the passenger. When you choose our dedicated service, you open the door to a range of benefits, including:
- Minimising the risk of costly delays to the production line or refurbishment program.
- Greater efficiency through fewer interfaces, reduced number of suppliers to be managed, use of existing infrastructure, and more efficient use of labour.
- Peace of mind from working with a leading global logistics specialist -- collaborating to find the right solution to reliably meet deadlines, but with enough built-in flexibility to manage the unexpected.
- A business partner who understands your pain points, based on long aerospace expertise and specific experience in aircraft fitting and refurbishment.
- Full visibility and management of shipments across multimodal transportation via our integrated online ordering, cargo management and tracking platform.