Clear the way through customs and accelerate your border crossings.
With ever-increasing and more demanding trade barriers and customs compliance requirements, supply chain management becomes more complex. Worldwide, our 1,000+ dedicated Customs & Trade Compliance professionals have solutions that are tailored-made to your flow of goods.
Wherever you need customs expertise, we have the people, authorisations and permits to clear your shipments on schedule. Regardless of volume, scope or scale, our global and national networks of specialists can meet commitments in any region you do business.
In the UK we have over 60 dedicated customs staff to handle your needs; with many more being recruited to deal with anticipated Brexit demand.
Choose from our value-add services to maintain your speed-to-market advantage.
- Operational Customs Clearance & Brokerage: Whether you import or export goods, we have a wide range of services that match your supply chain. Choose from options to prepare and process declarations, calculate duties and taxes, and organise inspections. Let Kuehne+Nagel facilitate your special services for bonded warehousing, inward/outward processing relief (IPR/OPR), as well as Free Trade Zone clearances.
- Trade Management: When you want to reduce risks and manage costs on cross-border transactions, our experts are here to help. Get insight into Free Trade Agreements, international tariff data, and duty drawbacks regimes. Unlock hidden duty savings potential with our customs health checks and scorecards.
- Customs Compliance: Our team applies a diligent approach to high regulatory demands. We assess your supply chain, perform post-importation audits, and develop proactive processes that prevent penalties and fines.
- Digitalisation: Let us assist you with digitalising your customs procedures. Our Single Windows Customs Portal is an automated central entry point for all your regional customs clearances. Dashboard and reporting solutions give you full data visibility so you can make strategic trade-flow decisions.
Realise all the benefits of a streamlined customs program.
- Lower your costs and reduce working capital tied up in supply chains by optimising the use of duty suspension, drawback regimes, as well as Free Trade Agreements
- Be proactive with changes in customs regulations, procedures, and licences that impact your business
- Assist in the strategic outsourcing of customs operations and managing third-party agent clearances
- Support in applying for beneficial customs regimes, procedures, licences, and other resources
The UK has now formally left the Customs Union, with a transition period until December 31 2020. We have spent years preparing for Brexit and are confident that our global network and years of experience mean that we're best placed to support you. If you want to find out more about how you can keep your goods moving post-Brexit, click here.
Useful Customs links and resources
Please note that availability of some of these links will depend upon the location of the server attempting to visit them
UK Market Access Database (Global Classification & Duty Rate plus Data)
UK Customs Tariff (post-Brexit)
EU Market Access database (Global Classification & Duty Rate plus Data)
US Classification Database (as EU but ex US)
HM Revenue & Customs (UK Customs Home)
HMRC (UK Customs; Find a Form)
Eur-Lex (access to EU Law)
Europa Taric (EU Tariffs/Duties)
World Trade Organization (WTO; Regional Trade Agreements)