Since January 1st, 2021, the UK has left the Customs Union. This means that customs formalities are now required for transportation between the United Kingdom (UK) and European Union (EU).
Our UK Brexit team, formed of experts from across our business, is here to support you through the transition. The team has three main work streams:
- Our customers; to support you through the transition when the UK leaves the EU and beyond.
- Our colleagues; to inform, support and guide our people on potential requirements and to continue to invest in them.
- Our suppliers; to continue developing partnerships for a mutually beneficial outlook
We are staying close to the UK government, attending events and using our expertise to support preparation.
We know uncertainty is worrying, but we are confident that our global network and years of experience mean that we're best placed to support you.
- Customs Clearance after Brexit - our solution
- Brexit Podcast
- Brexit Blog
Visit our webinars
Click here to sign up for Brexit email updates
Customs & Trade Compliance - Brexit Scorecard: are you ready?
Do you need support preparing for Brexit?
Our Customs & Trade Compliance Scorecard offers a high-level quick, interactive and visual guide to your overall Customs engagement. Information is gathered from your business’ supply chain and an easy-to-understand assessment is produced.
To find out more about the Brexit Scorecard Click here.
Letter of Empowerment
To act as your customs representative, we will require a “Letter of Empowerment” (or “Power of Attorney”) to authorize Kuehne+Nagel Ltd to submit your export and/or import declarations. Please click here for more information.
- Border Operating Model
- Step-by-step guide to imports (PDF Download)
- Step-by-step guide to exports (PDF Download)
- How could 2020 play out? (PDF Download)
- New UK Tariffs
- Transition period information
- Get a UK EORI number to trade within the EU
- HMRC helpline
- The UK’s approach to the Northern Ireland Protocol
- Draft Free Trade Agreement